Monday 12th October 2015.
7.30pm – 9.30pm.
St. Mary’s Church Hall
Hear what we’ve been doing and what still needs to be done.
The superb Christine Taylor, the heroic Neil Keveren and star of screen and radio John Stewart of HACAN.
Thank you to the thousands of Stop Heathrow Expansion supporters representing groups from all parts of London and the South East that attended yesterday’s terrific No Third Runway Protest on Parliament Square.
Thank you to all the politicians and their supporters that stood in solidarity against Heathrow expansion.
Thank you to all the environmental groups that joined as one to protect future generations from deadly Heathrow pollution and noise suffering.
Hope to see you tomorrow.
I am holding a Macmillian coffee morning on Friday 25th September at the Crown in Harmondsworth Village commencing at 09.00am – 11.00am. I would love as many people as possible to come there will be plenty of coffee, tea and homemade cakes also we will have items to buy and a raffle. If the weather is bad we will go into the Crown otherwise we will be in the garden.
Last year we had a very successful morning and I am hoping that we can do the same this year for this very worthwhile charity.
Thank you hope to see you on the 25th
Update: Forwarded to the Council for an update:
The condition of Harmondsworth village road is in a very poor state. Can this please be maintained/ resurfaced as a matter of priority. Please see pictures attached.
I am pleased to inform you that the planned highway works to provide cycle lane as part of Heathrow – West Drayton cycle scheme improvement in Harmondsworth Road is programmed to start on Monday 08 June for a period of eight weeks weather permitting.
The work entails of:-
1) On street carriageway cycle lane, both sides of Harmondsworth Road from Holloway Lane to Laurel Lane
2) Creating shared pedestrian / Cycle lane, by widening North-West footway in Harmondsworth Road, between Laurel Lane and Community Centre, (opposite the Dell).
3) footpath widening in The Dell to create shared pedestrian / cycle path.
4) construction of new zebra crossing North of Laurel Lane replacing existing traffic island.
5) construction of raised tables on several junction locations including Harmondsworth Road Junction with Laurel Lane.
6) carriageway resurfacing of part of Harmondsworth Road.
7) all other associated works including drainage, road marking etc.
An electronic advanced warning VMS signs, both end of Harmondsworth Road has been erected by contractor one week prior to commencement of work on site.
Residents letters have also been posted to nearby residents/ businesses informing them of forthcoming highway works in Harmondsworth Road.
contractors are instructed to carry out the work using temporary Traffic Light weekdays during off peak period (09:00 -15:30), where necessary.